10 Reasons Why I share knowledge and why you too should
15 July 2016
By Wilbert R. Mutoko ‘Financial Doctor’ (Author, Motivational Speaker, Leadership & Personal Finance Expert)
Some people ask me why I am so keen on knowledge transfer and education of my people of Africa. I am popular for the saying, ‘Together we will impact Africa and leave it better than we found it.’ Therefore, in this article, I explore the reasons why I share knowledge and why you should do the same.
- I am passionate about empowering individuals, families and organizations. That in turn translates into empowering the country, continent and the world. As they say, “Education is power,” therefore, the best tool for empowering people and organizations is giving them knowledge. Thus, I am playing my role to empower others with knowledge. But, I cannot do it alone, that’s why you too should educate people in every way possible.
- Africa’s level of decadence, decay, and backwardness is a bother to me. Contrarily, Africa has a very young population and vast natural resources. This means we have potential to do great production. I believe that if we place a lot of emphasis on relevant knowledge, we will transform this continent to become the hope of rest of the world.
- It is not everyone who can read and understand. We place lots of emphasis on going to school, which is very noble. But, I have realized that some people, no matter how much they attend school, they do not understand. Remind yourself, how many people were smart in your class? How many struggled with school? Yes. Most people struggle with school. So you and I have been privileged to become educated. It is our obligation to share our knowledge with others and empower them through writing posts & books, creating helpful videos and put them on social media (I have over 60 videos on YouTube, and we need more sensible videos posted by Africans). We will do this and empower our people.
- We are grateful to the western world for sharing knowledge with us, especially the Gospel. However, they have now become backslidden in many quarters. Therefore, it is our turn to share spiritual knowledge with them and bring them revival. We cannot sit back and keep waiting for the westerners to empower us. It is our turn.
- Nobody knows everything. No matter how hard you research, there is no way you will become an expert lawyer, medical practitioner, accountant, engineer etc. all in one. Furthermore, we all have different experiences in career, business, marriage, raising children, health etc. Therefore, each one of us has something unique to share. Note this, you look at your knowledge and experience and think, ‘this is not good enough. I don’t think that it could help anyone.’ Guess what? This is because you are familiar with you. But when you share it with us, we will learn something because you are unique. When I wrote the book ’16 Mistakes Singles Make Vol. 1 – A guide to successful dating and courtship that leads to blissful marriage’, I didn’t think that many people would benefit from it. But, after releasing it; individuals, libraries and organizations in various countries are buying the book to empower singles, particularly youths. Married people are reading the book and they testify of revival in their marriages. Singles have read the book and some have now gotten happily married through following advice from the book. So, unless you share what you have, you will not know its magnitude. Unless you share knowledge of Christ with your neighbor, classmate or workmate; you will never see them delivered and healed. Unless, you publish your book, put a post on social media, release that music album with a message, publish that ‘how to’ video on YouTube, carry out a research to solve a problem, speak on radio or TV, speak in seminars, share your story verbally with victims etc.; you limit yourself and deprive yourself of fulfillment.
- The level of research in Africa is pathetic. This is one of the reasons why Africa is backward. People do business in an area where they know nothing about. People marry someone without prior detailed research. They do not research and they expect things to miraculously work. It does not work that way. Sometimes we wait for people seated in the developed world to research what’s happening here and give us suggestions for improvement. What a pity? Let us rise up and accept responsibility and do our own research. Individuals should make it a habit to research before undertaking any crucial projects. More money should be set aside by governments for local research if our countries are to rise. This is why, in my business book, ‘What you have is enough – how to become wildly successful in finance & business starting from where you are now,’ I included results from a study on challenges faced by Small, medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs). The book has become the hope of many entrepreneurs who are using it as a personal textbook or reference book. In my other book, ‘Success in Marriage – 10 Ingredients for a Sweet Marriage’, I included results from an interview survey of married couples. The results are astounding. Through the marriage book and the research contained in it, I therefore to contribute knowledge on marriage to try and reduce and prevent divorce, as well as helping couples to enjoy marriage and raise responsible children. What problems do you want to solve? Write or speak about them.
- I am privileged to have been raised by both caring and disciplined parents. It is not everybody who got that privilege. That puts me in a position where I can share what I learned from my parents concerning family, hard work, discipline, etc. However, even if you may not have parents, or you grew up with a single parent; your experience will empower others as well. So do not limit yourself.
- I had a privilege to know Christ while I was still a teenager. That gave me a strong foundation for life, Christianity, leadership and marriage. That again puts me in a position to share my knowledge about God through sermons, books, videos and posts. You too can share your story the way it is.
- I love people. If you genuinely love someone, you wouldn’t want to know things and not share with them. That is why I spend time and money to empower others on radio, TV, class rooms, seminars, workshops, social media and face-to-face. I know that you also love people. Go ahead and share with us your story, experiences and knowledge. In chapter 2 of my best-selling book ’15 Secrets for Personal Financial Success’, I wrote vividly and expressly on my dream to develop people. I even included the message that I expect to be read on my funeral ceremony. I also mention in that chapter that when I die, people need not cry, but celebrate my contributions. Are you sharing your love with us through knowledge transfer?
- Whatever goes around comes around. What you sow is what you reap. If you share knowledge, someone will someday share with you some life-saving knowledge.
Life is more fun and fulfilling when you help others to attain their dreams. Life is boring when you chase after money, fame and power without leaving a legacy. That is why before anyone dies, they mostly call for friends and loved ones, but, they rarely call for their check books etc.
WhatsApp: +267 72727376